Monday 24 October 2011

Settling down

My mind is settling down somewhat. This is a good thing. Right now it's not a good idea to do too much thinking. The meetings have helped, and the people at particularly my homegroup have been amazing, as has my sponsor. Which brings us neatly to gratitude, and about time too!

I'm grateful that it's not a struggle today. Sobriety feels instinctive rather than forced. My training is going great, making loads of progress at the gym and with my running. Running has also stopped being a major struggle. Cutting down on smoking helps too. I've decided that it doesn't really matter if I'm an alcoholic or not. The label means nothing (to me personally). All I have to remember is that if I pick up a drink today, I won't be able to do the things I want to do tomorrow. One day at the time etc.

2 comments:

  1. I love the last lines, All I have to remember is that if I pick up a drink today, I won't be able to do the things I want to do tomorrow. That is so true!!!!

    So glad your doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad things are settling down. Most of us have been where you are at. The difference between this post and the last proves how not drinking for just this day can change us if we do some footwork. Going to the gym and running are great, they allow us to focus on the moment at hand and if you do it focus on the breathing to clear the mind. Sounds like you have a great home group which is something I like to hear, I am one who believes in the importance of committing to a home group, these are the people I trust the most, I can share from the heart and know their feedback is in my best interest.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete