Friday 26 August 2011

Good morning!

I'm very proud to say that I was asked to do a main share at a meeting this week. It sort of came out of the blue for me as I have under 3 months of sobriety but I happily accepted and I'm happy to say it went well. I got a lot of good feedback. I was so nervous, though, and would have liked to say many other things, but there will be more opportunities for that I'm sure. It came at the right time for me as during the week prior to that I'd been thinking about the nature of my alcoholism and wether it was actually "that bad". The thought is probably familiar to most recovering alcoholics who didn't end up with DUIs, lost homes, lost families etc. As I was telling my story it became clear that, yes, it really was that bad, and that the best thing I've ever done in my life was to stop drinking.

I'm grateful to be sober, to my partner who is back in my life, to my friends who are bringing me a bike today that I can use for getting to the gym and back, to my sponsor who keeps me grounded, to AA which keeps me sane and to my Higher Power who keeps putting things my way that I need just at the right time.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your Higher Power is working in your life. sounds like you had a spiritual experience in sharing your story. I think most of us after sharing our story wish we would have added certain things but I am reminded my HP had me share what was needed. Love your gratitude!

    ReplyDelete