Wednesday 28 September 2011

Down here

I have almost stopped thinking about the future. I just never know what's going to happen tomorrow. Living in the now is, I suppose, a good attitude, but it's not good to become too comfortable. I'm not sure where I'm going with this. It's just that lately, especially after last Friday, I'm not running around feeling really enthusiastic about everything, making plans or having expectations. I'm more grounded and I have certainly fallen off the pink fluffy cloud. Now the challenge is to find a happy middle ground. Not too "up there" or "down here"... Right now I'm just concentrating on getting enough sleep, lots of exercise, stopping smoking as of tomorrow with the help of patches and inhalators, revising for my upcoming exam in business studies, doing my job as well as I can, staying out of the way of my ex to avoid confusion or confrontation and just putting one foot in front of the other in general.

I'm grateful to be more grounded and calm even though it's not as much fun as bouncing around on a pink fluffy cloud.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! This is the 'behind the scenes' times when it all happens and makes such a difference to not over-think things - just do it. There is so much to be said for doing as opppose to thinking or planning or going-to-do things.

    And be patient and try to be self aware and gentle on yourself.

    ReplyDelete