Thursday 15 September 2011

A glorious day

I love the mornings when I'm walking to the gym, listening to music, disappearing from the world. It takes about 30 minutes to get there and during that time I have the perfect opportunity to just zone out. There is nothing else I can do in that half an hour apart from putting one foot in front of the other to get me to where I'm going. It's a time for me to be alone with myself without going crazy. I recently acquired a bike which I can use to get to the gym, but I've found it much more relaxing to walk, so the bike just sits there waiting to be used. I'm sure I'll start using it soon though as the weather is probably going to get worse by the week now as autumn is in full swing.

Tomorrow night my boss is off to Turkey on holiday which leaves me to take care of the pub. Last time was a minor disaster as I was drunk most of the time and hungover the rest of the time. I was extremely sensitive and got easily agitated by both customers and members of staff. The relationship with my ex suffered immensely and I couldn't wait for my boss to come back to relieve me of the responsibility. I'm surprised the place was still standing at the end of those two weeks. This time it's going to be different and hopefully a lot easier. Sober and single, it can't go wrong, and if it does, I'm so much better equipped to deal with it. This time it's only for seven days as well so it will be a good practice run for future commitments.

As long as I don't pick up a drink, as long as I go to meetings whenever I can, as long as I phone my sponsor and as long as I stay true to myself, it will be alright.

1 comment:

  1. good for you, sounds like your doing well!!!

    ReplyDelete