Thursday 29 September 2011

Sharing

I have now shared about my slip-up at three meetings and at all three I got fantastic, supportive feedback. I'm really conscious of how it comes across when I speak about it, because I'm certainly not fishing for attention. My sharing is all about getting it into the open and taking the power out of it. And of course to help other alcoholics. I almost feel a little uncomfortable when people come up and say things that are meant to be comforting and soothing. I think it's my inner fraudster that is scared of being found out. I have no idea what there is to be found out. Maybe this is a common trait amongst alcoholics? It's similar to the feeling when somebody gives me a compliment about my looks or something. I just squirm and feel awkward. Ah, maybe I don't feel like I deserve it. That's it!

Anyhow, I'm getting picked up by my sponsor at 7.20am tomorrow to go swimming. After that I'm going to the doctor's to have a contraceptive implant fitted. This scares the hell out of me, but I know I'll be fine. After that I've got a whole day's work ahead of me, after which I'm hopefully going to a meeting. I'm grateful for yet another day sober, and I'm looking forward to many, many more. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment