Sunday 19 June 2011

Bad night

Yesterday was a good day overall. Work was busy, got some uni work done in the afternoon, the AA meeting was brilliant. Then I got home and prepared myself to do some more on the report I need to finish for uni. I must be doing too much again because I got stuck quite quickly and just got really angry and frustrated. I felt as if I wasn't making any progress. I have to have this report finished today. The deadline is not until Saturday, but I still have to do the shopping for the festival tomorrow, Monday, then work all day Tuesday and pack, then off to the site that evening! So last night I was sitting there, music blaring from downstairs (Saturday live band in the pub), couldn't concentrate, stressing... and there it was! The image of a large glass of Sauvignon Blanc dancing around in my mind. It was one of those situations when I would have gone downstairs, got myself a bottle, drank it (and maybe more) and gone to bed and passed out. I promptly made some more herbal tea, rolled a cigarette and put the telly on. I had to sit there and breathe and remember what I'm doing and why I'm doing it and then concentrate on another episode of Law and Order!

Today is day 13 and I am grateful that I haven't taken a drink, grateful for waking up with a clear head, for being able to do a good job, being able to be fair to my partner, being able to actually do some uni work and for finally also looking a bit better.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I've just found your blog - thank you so much for writing - I could really relate to your story.

    I wanted to wish you the best of luck - it sounds like you're doing all of the right things for your recovery. Feel free to reach out if you need any online support!

    I'm glad things are going well so far - getting sober was one of the most difficult, if not the most difficult, thing I've ever done. I feel so much better without alcohol. It's worth it.

    ReplyDelete