Thursday 9 June 2011

Freedom

The word that keeps pooping into my head this morning is "freedom". Although it's only day three and I'm constantly going to have to watch my thoughts and actions - I still feel more free than I have done in many years. 

I'm going to spend the rest of the morning dozing with a book or magazine, I think. Then I'm going to meet one of my dear AA friends for coffee in the afternoon. After that I need to see my nurse for a check up at his office which is just around the corner from where I live. 

I'm itching to start making plans for the future, but I'm a bit worried it might be too early. I'm still dosed up on sedatives and although my my mind feels less fussy than when I was constantly drunk or hungover, I'm in no way clear headed. I think I might just wait until I'm free of the Librium as well. I'm also trying to read the Big Book but keep falling asleep and having to re-read paragraphs, so I'll leave that as well for later! I'll have to make do with shorter readings from Share magazines, that's just about what I can handle at the moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment