Wednesday 6 July 2011

30 Days

Today (Wednesday) I have been 30 days sober. So far so good. I went down to the bar (I live on top of the pub I work in) to get a bar of chocolate earlier, and as it happens it's located in the same fridge as the wine I used to drink. It felt strange as normally I would have been pulling out a bottle (at this time of night probably bottle no 2) from that fridge but now it's bars of chocolate... Talking of chocolate. I've never known myself to have such a sweetooth as after I got sober. There's no end to the amounts of busquits and bars of chocolate I can consume now whereas before I used to make a face everytime someone suggested I should have a sweet. I guess I'm making up for the sugar I used to get from the wine!

Today I'm grateful for the fact that I was able to get up at 7.30am to get ready for the beer delivery that normally arrives about 8am. This without headache, sweats, shakes and/or anxiety. Oh and that uncontrollable thirst after a heavy night. Yuk! I don't miss that at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment