Saturday 2 July 2011

Movies

I watched two movies today while my partner was away. One was "Eat, Pray, Love" with Julia Roberts. That was a pretty mediocre film to be honest, but had a few good bits in it. One was a quote that said something along the lines of "you have to choose your thoughts in the same way that you choose your clothes in the morning". I really wish I could do that more, however, I do find it easier without the alcohol. While I was drinking I was trying to control everything and my thoughts raced around in my head like a storm. They were unstoppable and all reasoning went out the window. So in my pursuit of being in total control I was in fact totally and utterly out of control. Insane.

The other bit that caught my attention was a man in the movie who told his story about how alcohol ruined his life. It was a pretty harrowing story and not one that I can relate to, but it was a good reminder of what could have been. A reminder of what I'm doing now and why I'm doing it. Even though the film as such wasn't very good (I wouldn't recommend it to anyone), it still made me think of the most unexpected things.

Film number two was "While You Were Sleeping" with Sandra Bullock. Ok, the story is a bit unbelievable and it's soppy but I do have a weakness for Sandra Bullock. Not quite sure why. I really love her in 28 Days - and talking of 28 Days - my sponsor gave me a plant yesterday! Now that's a gift with meaning...

No comments:

Post a Comment